Friday, March 1, 2013

Mash-Up: Turtles

This project was AMAZING! I really enjoyed the freedom involved in this project. Click "Continue?" at the bottom to see what techniques were borrowed from other projects.
So we have to say what we used form previous projects in this poster:
1) I used the Subway Art "technique" which should be prevalent in the title.
2) I used a gradient border which is similar to one of my spirit week posters and the George Washington Carver poster.
3) I used fonts from many different posters, so I can't really pin-point one project for this one. For example, the word "Chelonian" is the same font as used in the border for Project Pegasus. But the fonts all come from different projects.
4) To create the outlines of the turtles I used the pen tool with pressure applied, I did this on my infographic: Sweet VS Salty.
5) I organized this poster like the previous infogram.
6) And from the Neon/Sparkle Day poster - the sparkles. I created my own brush for that poster and for this one.
Sidenote: This project was 96 layers. That's not even with each color having it's own layer. On the turtle faces that have eyes, the face was colored on one layer. If I hadn't done that, this project would've have over 100 layers and would've broken a record for me. (Although I think having 96 layers is still breaking a record for me, it's just not as impressive.)
Information from: http://www.sparknotes.com/mindhut/2012/02/03/24-facts-about-turtles

No comments:

Post a Comment